October 15th | Virtual Event
Click HERE for details.
Come browse the library’s collection of over 80,000 items throughout the building. Limited computer use & indoor seating are available, plus wifi & seasonal outdoor seating.
For community health:
- Face masks are encouraged & available.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer is available & we encourage its use.
- Please keep your visit library-related.
- Lithgow-to-Go is available for curbside pickup
Maine CareerCenters provide a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses. Whether you are looking to improve your job qualifications, need help practicing for a job interview, seek assistance navigating the Maine JobLink , or become an entrepreneur, the CareerCenter can help. A Career Center professional will work 1:1 with you and provide the support you need to make a change.
Lithgow Library will supply the technology you need and a private space to speak directly with a CareerCenter professional. Appointments are required and may be made by calling the library at 626-2415.
Take & Make Crafts for Adults
September | Autumn Tree Painting
Crafting is not just for kids. Adults can benefit from crafting too! While we can’t offer in-person programs, we can offer them through our convenient Lithgow-to-Go Service. Each Take & Make comes with directions and materials to create your very own project. See Here’s how it works. We’ll announce each monthly project in our newsletter & kits will be available early that month. Come to the library during business hours to pick up your kit. Kits are limited, so it’s a good idea to call ahead & ensure they are still available.
Your contactless curbside library service!
- Use the Minerva online catalog to find the items you want & place an online request
- Or phone to have a librarian help you find & reserve the items you want
- We’ll notify you when we have the titles in-hand and they’re ready for check out
- When you’re parked in our lot, phone us (207.626.2415)
- Wait in your car while we place the items in a bag on the table outside the front door
- Once the staff has returned to the building, pick up your order
Lithgow Library is there for you, in-person & virtually!
While many in-person services have returned, we continue to offer services for those who can’t make it to the library building. You can:
- Phone us at 626.2415
- Email a librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Live Chat quick reference weekdays from our website (lower right page corner)
- Explore our website to check out Hoopla, CloudLibrary & DigitalMaine streaming & online services, participate in a virtual program, or get recommendations for a growing number of youth, adult & small business resources to keep you informed, educated, or entertained while you stay safe.
- Our free public wifi (Lithgow_Public) is available, password-free, 24-hours from our parking lot & library grounds.
COVID-19 Vaccination Info
Click HERE to access the latest vaccine information from Maine’s Office of the Governor.
No Internet or struggling to get a vaccine? Maine residents can phone the Community Vaccination Line at 1.888.445.4111 for information about vaccine clinics. (Mon-Fri 7am-7pm, Sat + Sun 8am-2pm.) For translation services, you may state your preferred language. For deaf & hard-of-hearing services, dial 711 & ask to be connected to the number.