Lithgow Adult & Family Same-Day Browsing Appointments
- Browsing appointments are available Monday-Thursday 10–7:45, Friday 10-4:45, Saturday 9-11:45
- Adult appointments start on the hour (First-floor Landing: New adult fiction & nonfiction, DVDs, audiobooks & paperbacks)
- Family appointments start on the half-hour (Youth Services Room: Children’s collection)
- Schedule a same-day appointment by phoning the library (626.2415)
- Walk-in appointments may be possible, depending on numbers
- Visits are for 30-minutes
- Click HERE for details to plan your visit.
Online title requests and Lithgow-to-Go are available for contactless curbside pickup.
Take & Make Crafts for Adults
November: DIY Foot Scrub
Crafting is not just for kids. Adults can benefit from crafting too! While we can’t offer in-person programs, we can offer them through our convenient Lithgow-to-Go Service. Each Take & Make comes with directions and materials to create your very own project. Here’s how it works. We’ll announce each monthly project in our newsletter. Come to the library during business hours to pick up your kit using Lithgow-to-Go. Call 626-2415 once you are in the parking lot and your kit will be delivered to the table outside. Kits are limited, so it’s a good idea to call ahead & ensure they are still available.
Your contactless curbside library service!
- Use the Minerva online catalog to find the items you want & place an online request
- Or phone to have a librarian help you find & reserve the items you want
- We’ll notify you when we have the titles in-hand and they’re ready for check out
- When you’re parked in our lot, phone us (207.626.2415)
- Wait in your car while we place the items in a bag on the table outside the front door
- Once the staff has returned to the building, pick up your order
Lithgow Library is virtually there for you
While in-building browsing and in-person programming have been suspended , we do offer limited in-person computer, print & photocopy service. Reference & Virtual Services are also available. You can:
- Phone us at 626.2415
- Email a librarian (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Live Chat quick reference weekdays from our website (lower right page corner)
- Explore our website to check out Hoopla, CloudLibrary & DigitalMaine streaming & online services, participate in a virtual program, or get recommendations for a growing number of youth, adult & small business resources to keep you informed, educated, or entertained while you stay safe.
- Our free public wifi (Lithgow_Public) is available, password-free, 24-hours from our parking lot & library grounds.
Click HERE for a list of organizations in the Augusta area that are providing food & transportation during these difficult times. The list, compiled by the City of Augusta, has locations, hours, and contact phone numbers.
Click HERE for the latest City of Augusta coronavirus press release.
Click HERE for the latest updates from the Maine Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Click HERE to get accurate information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for individuals & communities to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus.)
Click HERE for the latest updates from the World Health Organization (WHO).