The 10 Tips Nutrition Education Series
Tuesdays, May 24th – July 19th, from 1 – 2 pm
This program for adults is designed by Maine SNAP Ed to support healthy eating on a budget. There are two 4-week sessions: Choose My Plate + Eating Better on a Budget. Each participant receives a cookbook with 24 colorful + healthy recipes.
Space is limited to 10 participants who can commit to at least six of the eight classes. Register by calling the library at 626.2415.
A conversation with Maine Author, Spencer Stephens Wednesday, June 1st at 6:30 pm
Spencer Stephens, Maine author of 2 novels, Blood Lily + Church of Golf, will discuss his work in our Community Meeting Room. The following Wednesday, June 8th, the Lithgow Book Group will discuss Blood Lily in its hybrid (in-person + online) monthly meeting.
Reserve a Museum or Park Pass
The Library offers Lithgow cardholders passes to several Maine museums + parks. Click HERE to browse the list + reserve your pass. Be sure to check hours open, visitor requirements and pass details.
Augusta COVID Vaccination & Testing Availability
For COVID vaccine & testing information, including links to free COVID rapid self-tests, click HERE.
For Maine CDC information about COVID treatment, click HERE.
Lithgow offers mobile hotspots for home Internet
Do you have a device like a laptop, a tablet, or a phone, but no Internet at home? Lithgow now loans mobile hotspots so you can have wifi at home. Click HERE for FAQs.
Take & Make Crafts for Adults
May | Modge Podge Bowls
Crafting is not just for kids. Adults can benefit from crafting too! While we can’t offer in-person programs, we can offer them through our convenient Lithgow-to-Go Service. Each Take & Make comes with directions and materials to create your very own project. See Here’s how it works. We’ll announce each monthly project in our newsletter & kits will be available early that month. Come to the library during business hours to pick up your kit. Kits are limited, so it’s a good idea to call ahead & ensure they are still available.
Lithgow Library is there for you in-person + online
Lithgow continues to adapt to these changing times. The building is open and most in-person services are available.
Some services, such as programming, may be offered as either an in-person/virtual hybrid, or as online only.
Masks are encouraged for those not vaccinated/boosted or who want to use them in a public setting. Masks are available if you need one. If you are compromised or have special needs, please phone us (626.2416) to discuss how we may accommodate you to meet your library needs.
If you can’t make it to the library building, Lithgow offers a variety of ways to serve you:
- Phone us (626.2415)
- Email a librarian (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Live Chat (quick reference chat on our homepage)
- Free Public Wifi (Lithgow_Public is available, password-free, 24 hours from our parking lot & library grounds
- Online Resources available through our website (check out Hoopla, CloudLibrary, DigitalMaine, & other streaming & online resources), participate in a virtual program, or access a number of health, community, youth, adult & small business resources to keep you informed, educated or entertained.
Your contactless curbside library service!
- Use the Minerva online catalog to find the items you want & place an online request
- Or phone to have a librarian help you find & reserve the items you want
- We’ll notify you when we have the titles in-hand and they’re ready for check out
- When you’re parked in our lot, phone us (207.626.2415)
- Wait in your car while we place the items in a bag on the table outside the front door
- Once the staff has returned to the building, pick up your order