Come browse the library’s collection of over 80,000 items throughout the building. Limited computer use & indoor seating are available, plus wifi & outdoor summer seating.
For community health:
- Face masks are encouraged and available for those not vaccinated.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer is available & we encourage its use.
- Please keep your visit library-related.
- Lithgow-to-Go is available for touchless curbside pickup
Maine CareerCenters provide a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses. Whether you are looking to improve your job qualifications, need help practicing for a job interview, seek assistance navigating the Maine JobLink , or become an entrepreneur, the CareerCenter can help. A Career Center professional will work 1:1 with you and provide the support you need to make a change.
Lithgow Library will supply the technology you need and a private space to speak directly with a CareerCenter professional. Appointments are required and may be made by calling the library at 626-2415.
Lithgow welcomes you back to the library with Summer Reading 2021. There are programs geared for kids, teens, & adults. Challenge yourself to set reading goals, get recommendations, track your reading using our Lithgow Beanstack app, and participate in other activities to win prizes & make Lithgow Library a part of your summer again. Click HERE for more information.
Read ME | Statewide Summer Read
Join Lithgow Library and participate in Read ME, the statewide summer reading experience for adults.
Maine Author, Gerry Boyle, has selected Kerri Arsenault’s non-fiction, Mill Town, and Matt Cost’s fiction, Mainely Power, for this year’s titles. Copies of the books are available to borrow; reserve your copy by clicking on the title.
Join us for book discussions in July and August. Matt Cost will join us for the discussion in August. Zoom links will be available closer to the discussions this summer.
For more information on statewide events, visit Maine Humanities.
Take & Make Crafts for Adults July
Heart Book Corners
Crafting is not just for kids. Adults can benefit from crafting too! While we can’t offer in-person programs, we can offer them through our convenient Lithgow-to-Go Service. Each Take & Make comes with directions and materials to create your very own project. See Here’s how it works. We’ll announce each monthly project in our newsletter & kits will be available early that month. Come to the library during business hours to pick up your kit. Kits are limited, so it’s a good idea to call ahead & ensure they are still available.
Your contactless curbside library service!
- Use the Minerva online catalog to find the items you want & place an online request
- Or phone to have a librarian help you find & reserve the items you want
- We’ll notify you when we have the titles in-hand and they’re ready for check out
- When you’re parked in our lot, phone us (207.626.2415)
- Wait in your car while we place the items in a bag on the table outside the front door
- Once the staff has returned to the building, pick up your order
Lithgow Library is there for you, in-person & virtually!
While many in-person services have returned, we continue to offer services for those who can’t make it to the library building. You can:
- Phone us at 626.2415
- Email a librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Live Chat quick reference weekdays from our website (lower right page corner)
- Explore our website to check out Hoopla, CloudLibrary & DigitalMaine streaming & online services, participate in a virtual program, or get recommendations for a growing number of youth, adult & small business resources to keep you informed, educated, or entertained while you stay safe.
- Our free public wifi (Lithgow_Public) is available, password-free, 24-hours from our parking lot & library grounds.
COVID-19 Vaccination Info
Click HERE to access the latest vaccine information from Maine’s Office of the Governor.
No Internet or struggling to get a vaccine? Maine residents can phone the Community Vaccination Line at 1.888.445.4111 for information about vaccine clinics. (Mon-Fri 7am-7pm, Sat + Sun 8am-2pm.) For translation services, you may state your preferred language. For deaf & hard-of-hearing services, dial 711 & ask to be connected to the number.