Kids’ Summer Reading is here!
Click HERE for info on the Kids’ Summer Reading program and start to earn badges + prizes!
Summer Reading is not just for kids!
Adults can also track their summer reading for badges + prizes. Click HERE for Adult Summer Reading info + sign up!
Lithgow Library Book Club + Read ME
2nd Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm
in the Community Meeting Room
Join Lithgow Library’s Book Club summer statewide adult reading experience. Click HERE for details on the July + August titles.
Living Your Freedoms: The First Amendment & the Gannetts of Maine | Tuesday, July 19th at 6:30pm
in the Community Meeting Room
Genie Gannett will tell a story about how the Gannett family lived their First Amendment freedoms across four generations. Inspired by this rich history, Genie will talk about how she and her sister, Terry Gannett Hopkins, started the First Amendment Museum to inspire all Americans to live their First Amendment freedoms.
The Friends of Lithgow Library
Book Sale Returns!
Mark the dates for the return of our annual book sale. Proceeds support the mission of The Friends of Lithgow Library. Sales are cash only. We gladly welcome donations of gently used books, audios, music cds and dvds for the sale! Donations will be accepted on Mondays only. We accept all items except: magazines, textbooks, encyclopedias, condensed books and books that are falling apart.
Career Help at the Library
First Friday of the month, 10am – 2pm
Need help finding a job? Free help is available! A CareerCenter consultant will be at the Library to assist your job search needs. Bring your questions and ideas to this drop-in session for expert help.
Reserve a Museum or Park Pass
The Library offers Lithgow cardholders passes to several Maine museums + parks. Click HERE to browse the list + reserve your pass. Be sure to check hours open, visitor requirements and pass details.
Augusta COVID Vaccination & Testing Availability
For COVID vaccine & testing information, including links to free COVID rapid self-tests, click HERE.
For Maine CDC information about COVID treatment, click HERE.
Lithgow offers mobile hotspots for home Internet
Do you have a device like a laptop, a tablet, or a phone, but no Internet at home? Lithgow now loans mobile hotspots so you can have wifi at home. Click HERE for FAQs.
Lithgow Library is there for you in-person + online
Lithgow continues to adapt to these changing times. The building is open and most in-person services are available.
Some services, such as programming, may be offered as either an in-person/virtual hybrid, or as online only.
Masks are encouraged for those not vaccinated/boosted or who want to use them in a public setting. Masks are available if you need one. If you are compromised or have special needs, please phone us (626.2416) to discuss how we may accommodate you to meet your library needs.
If you can’t make it to the library building, Lithgow offers a variety of ways to serve you:
- Phone us (626.2415)
- Email a librarian (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Live Chat (quick reference chat on our homepage)
- Free Public Wifi (Lithgow_Public) is available during business hours, password-free from our parking lot & library grounds
- Online Resources available through our website (check out Hoopla, CloudLibrary, DigitalMaine, & other streaming & online resources), participate in a virtual program, or access a number of health, community, youth, adult & small business resources to keep you informed, educated or entertained.
Your contactless curbside library service!
- Use the Minerva online catalog to find the items you want & place an online request
- Or phone to have a librarian help you find & reserve the items you want
- We’ll notify you when we have the titles in-hand and they’re ready for check out
- When you’re parked in our lot, phone us (207.626.2415)
- Wait in your car while we place the items in a bag on the table outside the front door
- Once the staff has returned to the building, pick up your order