Why Summer Reading? Summer reading is an important way to prevent summer learning loss. The program described on this page is for children from birth to age 12. Summer Reading is also available for teens and adults. Click HERE for more information.
Sign up and track your reading using the Beanstack app online or on your phone. Participate in our Summer Reading Challenge to unlock badges. The goal is to read for 16 hours over summer break. Being read to by an adult, listening to audiobooks, and reading nontraditional texts count too! Reach the goal to win a paperback book and a raffle ticket to enter into one of seven prizes! You could win:
- Examine and Treat Pet Vet Play Set
- Wooden Fold & Go Farm Play Set
- Kids Arts and Crafts Supplies Set
- 145 Piece Deluxe Art Set
- Illustory Book Making Kit
- LEGO Classic Creative Brick Box
- Jetson Jupiter Kick Scooter
New this year! Try the Summer Activities Challenge, where kids win a toy prize for participating in different virtual programming offered at Lithgow Public Library. Please note (*) that some programs require registration due to limited space. Events include:
- Jun. 17th – Mr. Harley Virtual Concert
- Jun. 24th – Chewonki presents “Fur, Feet & Feathers” *
- Jul. 1st – Marine Mammals of Maine presentation by Jessica Woodcock *
- Jul. 8th – Mr. Drew and His Animals Too *
- Jul. 15th – Farm Tour with Miss Kate
- Jul. 22nd – A Walk in the Woods with Rachel
- Jul. 29th – Create Your Own Puppet Workshop with CactusHead Puppets *
- Aug. 5th – Clay Animal Workshop with Maple Lane Pottery *
If you cannot attend any of the above programming because of unforeseen barriers, an alternative challenge, Where in Maine are Morris & Llewellyn?, may be completed for the same toy prize.
Summer Reading 2021 starts June 14th! Can you complete the reading and activities goals before August 13th?
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (207) 626-2415.