Our traditional Summer Reading Challenge runs from June 14th to August 13th for all ages and is available on our Beanstack app. Teens age 13-18 years old can win used books from Lithgow’s YA collection and a raffle ticket for a chance to win a 3D pen!
How to join
- Register online at Beanstack, or come into the library to pick up a paper form.
- Read and log the books read into either Beanstack or onto the paper form.
- If using a paper form, return it to the library by August 15th.
- The raffle winner will be announced at a later date.
One gently-used YA book for every three books read and for every review written.
Raffle Prize: 3D Pen
To be entered into the raffle you need to read three books and write one review on Beanstack or on the paper form.
There will also be prizes for the top three readers that will be announced at a later date.
2021 Teen Video Challenge
- The contest is open to teens 13-18 (though it’s fine for people older or younger to appear in the videos).
- The process is easy; you just need to upload their video to the social media outlet of your choice, submit a link to their video, and complete a simple online form.
- Videos will be limited to 60 seconds, making this a doable project for individuals or small teams.
- Teens/teen teams may submit more than one video.
- The program will accept submissions June 1-Aug 6, 2021
- Permission and model release forms will only be required from the winning entries (completing the forms is a requirement to receive prizes and acknowledgement).
- There will be 5 national winners, who will each receive a cash prize of $200. The TVC Ad-Hoc Committee will convene a judging panel from CSLP partners and members in August.