Lithgow Library Hotspot FAQs
- Eligibility: You must be at least 18 years old, a Lithgow cardholder for at least 3 months, and in good standing (current card, no outstanding fees, etc.)
- Availability: Hotspots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Hotspots may not be reserved & are not available through interlibrary loan.
- Borrowing: You may borrow a hotspot for up-to two weeks. After the due date, the hotspot will deactivate and no longer function. Hotspots may not be renewed. There is a two-week waiting period before you may again check out a hotspot.
- Returning: Hotspots should be returned in-person only (not in the drop box.) Hotspots should be returned on-time and as a complete kit (hotspot device, power cord, instruction card + case.) Failure to follow the return policy may lead to repair/replacement cost and/or impact borrowing privileges.
- Loss or damage: The card holder is responsible for any repair or replacement due to loss or damage.
- Technical problems: Verizon, the hotspot service provider, offers coverage maps & online technical support <https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-jetpack-mifi-8800l/>. Library staff are unable troubleshoot problems related to the patron’s hardware, software, or connectivity configuration.
- Internet use guidelines: Hotspots will work in the continental US only. Standard Appropriate Use Policy guidelines apply, with the card holder solely responsible for any/all online activity. Inappropriate use, hacking, etc. may lead to loss of privilege and/or prosecution.
- Patron responsibility: The cardholder is solely responsible for all online activity & hardware well being while the device is borrowed in their name.
- Library responsibility: Lithgow Library respects patron privacy and does not provide personal information or data to the service provider. Lithgow Library is not responsible or liable for damages or expenses resulting from use or misuse of the hotspot device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or resulting data corruption or loss. Lithgow Library does not guarantee that the Verizon wireless network will be available in all locations and the library is not responsible for outages and/or connectivity issues. No assurance of connectivity or privacy is offered or implied. Lithgow Library offers hotspots as a public service, at the user’s risk.